Captario is committed to helping pharma and biotech companies make better strategic decisions throughout the drug development life cycle in order to get better drugs to market for the patients who need them. Our world-class SaaS platform, Captario SUM, was built hand-in-hand with leaders from some of the world’s largest pharma companies.
Our team is passionate about making a positive impact on a global scale, committed to building a best-in-class product that modernizes decision-making, and rooted in our principles of collaboration, integrity, and transparency. We are looking for curious, innovative, and kind individuals to join our quickly growing global scale-up.
The Key Account Manager's main role is to retain top clients and nurture those key relationships over time. The KAM is to become a strategic partner and advisor to the client, discovering new opportunities to work together for mutual benefit. Key responsibilities include growing the company's revenue by ensuring that key clients are satisfied with the services provided, identifying new business opportunities within key clients, and overall developing long-term relationships. In addition to attending cliente meetings, trainings, and workshops, KAMs may further serve as the face of Captario by supporting external conference and events as a thought leader.
To be a successful Key Account Manager, you should have a deep understanding of the pharma drug development lifecycle, and ability to analyze data and statistics, and the confidence to provide strategic decision-making oversight to some of the world's largest pharma companies. Ultimately, an exceptional KAM should be able to manage multiple key accounts without compromising on the quality of services provided.
The Key Account Manager will be a strategic thinker with proven leadership and operational experience within pharma. The goal is to contribute to sustaining and growing our business to achieve long-term success.
- Building and sustaining solid relationships with key clients that bring in the most income for the company
- Developing a thorough understanding of key clients' needs and requirements and preparing customized solutions
- Maintaining customer satisfaction through strong leadership and by addressing and resolving key client concerns
- Anticipating key account changes and improvements
- Acting as the main point of contact between key clients and the internal team
- Ensuring that internal tactical teams are aligned with client expectations to deliver requirements to deadline and expected level of satisfaction
- Compile reports on account progress, goals, and forecasts for key stakeholders
- Negotiate contracts with key clients and meet established deadlines for the fulfillment of each client's long-term goals
- Support sales & marketing team in prospective client meetings & demos
- Act as a Captario thought leader by attending and/or presenting at conferences and events, authoring related content (articles, blogs, case studies, etc.), and promoting Captario and/or your personal brand on social platforms
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive pharmaceutical drug development experience
- Proven experience in key account management, sales, or consulting
- Ability to effectively problem-solve, lead change, and motivate internal & external individuals
- Proficient in financial analysis and establishing & monitoring forecasts
- Hands-on experience strategizing and negotiating complex sales deals
- Ability to operate at both a strategic / conceptual level and at a detailed, operational level
- Ability to build rapport with key clients
- Strong ability to handle multiple client accounts
- Metrics drives, highly disciplined
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with a diverse range of individuals
- Hands-on, action-oriented approach that fits well with an entrepreneurial, fast-growing culture
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
Note: This is a fully remote position with a preference for candidates in the Boston, NY/NJ, Philadelphia areas.