Captario is committed to helping pharma and biotech companies make better strategic decisions throughout the drug development life cycle in order to get better drugs to market for the patients who need them. Our world-class SaaS platform, Captario SUM, was built hand-in-hand with leaders from some of the world’s largest pharma companies.
Our team is passionate about making a positive impact on a global scale, committed to building a best-in-class product that modernizes decision-making, and rooted in our principles of collaboration, integrity, and transparency. We are looking for curious, innovative, and kind individuals to join our quickly growing global scale-up.
Reporting to the VP Revenue & Marketing, the Business Development Rep is responsible for boosting new business sales and contributing to our long-term business growth. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads, meeting sales quotas, and using solid communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with prospective customers. Our ideal candidate is an excellent deal-maker who loves talking to people.
- Use prospecting strategies including cold calling, email, LinkedIn outreach, or other forms of communication for initial prospect outreach that generates qualified leads for our pipeline
- Maintain the client database (Salesforce CRM) to make sure all current information is up-to-date and accurate for prospects and opportunities
- Identify the needs and challenges of the prospective customer
- Determine the prospect’s interest in Captario SUM
- Schedule and manage sales meetings from discovery through investigation, negotiation, and closed
- Maintain a consistent level of effective sales activities to achieve quota
- Prepare contracts/SOWs and pricing documents
- Promote Captario and our solutions at various meetings & events
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior sales or customer service experience with a demonstrated track record of accomplishments
- Pharmaceutical / biotech experience preferred, strong understanding of drug development
- Hands-on experience strategizing and negotiating complex sales deals
- Metrics driven, highly disciplined
- Stellar interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with a diverse range of individuals
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills
- Prior knowledge of sales process and CRM software
This position can be fully remote; but preference given to Sweden-based candidates.